The Stamina InMotion Elliptical, as the name suggests, is a compact elliptical trainer, or mini-elliptical. In spite of its size, this Stamina InMotion Elliptical is a great piece of workout equipment. It’s ideal to use both at home, and even at the office, since it doesn’t take up a lot of space and runs quite silently. However, it’s not enough for a compact elliptical just to be small. In this review, we will be taking a closer look at what the Stamina InMotion Elliptical has to offer in terms of performance and efficiency.
Stamina InMotion Elliptical Main Features
The Stamina InMotion Elliptical’s main selling point is that it’s incredibly tiny. And at least in this respect it truly is a marvel. The Stamina InMotion Elliptical has one of the smallest footprints in its class. The dimensions of this mini-elliptical machine are just 24 by 18 by 12 inches. And it weighs just 24 pounds. Compare that to a full-sized elliptical machine, like the Schwinn 430, which weighs over 120 pounds, and you can see why we were so impressed with the Stamina InMotion Elliptical.
The pedals of this compact elliptical are fairly large. They have a non-slip, which means you can use this Stamina InMotion Elliptical standing up as well as sitting down. There is a knob that allows you to adjust the tension of the elliptical. In this way you can set the intesity of your workout. It may take a while before you can find the right setting that provides just the right amount of resistance for your needs.
The Stamina InMotion Compact Strider also comes with a comfortable handle, so you can take with you to the office, for example. It also features a small monitor, on which you can view the distance you’ve traveled. And since it is so small and simple, it only takes about half an hour to assemble. And it’s likely you won’t need any assistance.
We strongly suggest that you get the Stamina InMotion Ellipticak from Amazon. From what we could tell, this is where you can find this best price.
Stamina InMotion Elliptical Additional Info
As with any piece of equipment, you may have to occasionally oil and clean the Stamina InMotion Elliptical. You can use an air canister to blow out any dust that might get in. You should also be careful when you adjust the tension knobs. If you want to workout for an extended period of time, it’s better to do so with the tension somewhat lowered. You cannot really push this Stamina InMotion Elliptical the same way you can a full-sized elliptical.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The Stamina company offers a 90-day warranty for the parts and a 1-year warranty for the frame. You should contact the Stamina company for further details.
For the Stamina InMotion Elliptical to work, all you’ll need is a nonstandard battery. The battery is included in the package. Additional accessories you may want to consider purchasing are floor mats, especially if you are using the elliptical on hardwood. The weight of the machine could damage floors.
The Stamina InMotion Elliptical can easily be used while sitting or standing up. We recommend that you start small and build your way up to more and more steps, miles and burned calories. Since your arms are left free while using this elliptical you can incorporate some upper body exercises as well. You can easily use a couple of lightweight dumbbells or arms toner.
Pros and Cons to Using the Stamina InMotion Elliptical
- Adaptability – You can use the Stamina InMotion Elliptical virtually anywhere. It’s so compact that it can adapt to almost any environment. The elliptical video on the Stamina InMotion Elliptical illustrates how easy it is to use in any location.
- Portability – In addition to its adaptability, the compact strider’s portability is also a major perk. At just 24 pounds (roughly 10 kilograms), the Stamina InMotion Elliptical can be picked up and moved with ease.
- Pedometer – The Stamina InMotion Elliptical presents a perfect balance between being user-friendly and helpful. Without trying to pack it with complicated electronic features, the design team included a useful pedometer to register steps, miles and calories so you can keep track of your fitness goals.
- Variety – One of the greatest impediments for individuals who aren’t accustomed to working out regularly is boredom. With this Stamina InMotion Elliptical, you can change the scenery as often as you like. You can use it while working, or watching TV, at home or at the office.
- Short Product Life – Unfortunately, the Stamina InMotion Elliptical is not very sturdy. Pushing it too hard will cause the parts to creak after a while. Though you can still use it, it will no longer be suitable for the office, for example.
- Short Stride – Some customers complained that the Stamina InMotion Elliptical had a short stride. This may or may not be a disadvantage, depending on where you want to use it. If you want to workout at the office and keep this compact elliptical under your desk, the short stride may actual be an asset. However, if you are looking for an elliptical that can provide with a full workout, that the Stamina InMotion Elliptical might not be the best choice.
Generally speaking, the Stamina InMotion Elliptical is great for individuals who simply don’t have enough time to work out regularly and who want to combine business with pleasure. Most users praised the Stamina InMotion Elliptical for how well it worked. They were quite surprised with the workout they could get out of such a small device.
That being said, the Stamina InMotion Elliptical is by no means a hardcore fitness elliptical . Though you can push it pretty hard, if you use it to its fullest for prolonged periods of time, it will eventually give in. Once customer complained their Stamin InMotion elliptical started creaking after about 3 weeks, after intense use.
Other customers found the stride of this mini-elliptical to be a bit too small for their needs, but that’s to be expected from a compact elliptical.
This leads us to our final recommendation and notes. We’re well aware that the Stamina InMotion Elliptical has its fair share of flaws, but we still believe it’s a wonderful little machine for those who don’t have time or space. It can be used at home, at your workplace or anywhere else you’re stuck working at. It might be difficult to imagine working out on a regular basis if you’re extremely busy all the time, but a mini elliptical like the Stamina InMotion Elliptical will definitely help you out.