Nowadays, if you don’t want to pack your gym bag and drive to the fitness club to work out every day, it’s easy to build your own home gym. Only a couple of machines and a few accessories will help you stay fit as long as you are motivated. For cardio workouts, running is essential. And luckily, the market is saturated with a plethora of treadmills that vary in price, features and efficiency. Finding the perfect one for you may not be an easy task, but this review will bring you one step closer to finding the perfect match by introducing you to the Proform 6.0 RT, a budget friendly, entry level treadmill.
ProForm 6.0 RT Main Features
Released on the market back in 2013, the 6.0 RT treadmill boasts a 10% power incline, 8 pre-defined workout sequences and a maximum pace of 10 mph. The quick speed controls allow you to speed up smoothly, without interrupting your flow, while the 2.5 CHP motor ensures a powerful performance. The tread belt is 18 x 55 inches, making the Proform treadmill 6.0 RT suitable for runners of all heights. The special cushioning promises to reduce impact and protect your joints from injuries, contributing to faster recovery between jogs. Proform 6.0 RT treadmill dimensions are 66.5 x 30 x 11 inches and the machine weighs 163 pounds.
Pros and Cons to Using the ProForm 6.0 RT
- The Proform 6.0 RT equipment has been praised for being easy to put together. Elder reviewers noted some of the treadmill parts are on the heavier side, nonetheless, assembling everything together requires minimum effort.
- The comfortable deck of the Proform 6.0 treadmill is also the subject of high praise. The cushioning absorbs the shock, sparing any aching joints or knees the harsh impact.
- With a single touch of a button you can switch between walking uphill and jogging on a flat surface. ProForm 6.0 RT’s smooth controls make it easy for you to have an even workout, without having to wait or stop to increase or decrease the speed.
- The LCD display is highly useful and very intuitive. It shows the distance, the speed and burnt calories.
- Unlike other treadmills out there, Proform 6.0 RT is renowned for its quiet motor and tread belt. It’s safe to use the equipment in a small flat without bothering neighbors or family members.
- Most Proform 6.0 RT reviews pointed out that the ProForm customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Several users have had problems with faulty parts and received late replies and unprofessional answers.
- Proform 6.0 comes with cup holders that are designed to make your workout more enjoyable. However, some reviewers complained about the odd shape that is not very user friendly. The water bottles tend to hang over the edge of the cup holders, so they are on the brink of constantly falling off.
- The motor of the Proform 6.0 RT is at best average. While it’s silent and strong enough to support walking and running, it’s definitely not suitable for high speed running.
ProForm 6.0 RT Additional Information
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The frame of the equipment comes with a lifetime warranty, while the motor is covered for 25 years from the day of the purchase. Parts and labor have a warranty of one year.
There is not a lot of maintenance involved in looking after your Proform 6.0 RT. The belt might need lubricating every now and then, and this will require a special lubricant for treadmills. You should also check for any loose screws or faulty parts before starting your workout, in order to avoid further damage to the machine.
The Proform 6.0 RT doesn’t come with any accessories, but it has built in speakers on the console. These allow you to plug in your MP3 or smartphone and listen to audiobooks or music.
If you want to start incorporating cardio in your workouts, it’s easy to find a suitable Proform 6.0 RT exercise routine. Before settling on a given set of exercises, you should take several things into account. Think about your running experience, keep in mind any health problems and adjust the workout to help you tone your legs or slim down.
If you’re new to jogging, you might want to ease your way into it. Start by alternating walking with light jogging, giving your body time to adapt to the new rhythm and to pick up the pace. The warm-up on your Proform 6.0 RT should consist of five minutes of walking, followed by two minutes of light jogging before returning to walking again. Slowly increase the speed and the duration of the jogging interval until you reach a faster level that you’re comfortable with. Stick to daily 30-40 minute routines comprising walking and jogging intervals to start building up your endurance.
Proform 6.0 RT User Reviews
Proform 6.0 RT reviews tend to be positive. However, some users encountered issues. Several Proforom 6.0 RT reviews noted that the this treadmill does not fold vertically, in spite of its advertisment. Users complained that the deck only folds up to 60 degrees and it will hang out, taking room space. A few Proform 6.0 RT reviews mentoned that the positioning of the on/off button can be incovenient. The on/off button of this Proform treadmill is on the front. Since the instructions manual advises to turn off the treadmill between uses, this means users have to place the Proform 6.0 RT away from the wall to allow easy access to the on/off button. Other complaints regarded the wheels which are supposed to help you move the machine around. One reviewer pointed out that these are not high quality and are not very helpful in relocating the treadmill.
The Proform 6.0 RT has a space saver design, eight pre-set workout programs, 10% incline and a user friendly LCD display. While it’s far from perfect, this treadmill is a great entry level machine that enables you to incorporate cardio exercises in your at-home routine. The quiet motor, the cushioned deck and the smooth controls are plusses that make it a great addition for a home gym. At the same time, the mediocre motor, small tread deck and maximum jogging speed of 10 mph don’t make it a good match for advanced runners, rendering it suitable only for walking and jogging.