Proudly boasting to offer more than seventy types of exercises comprising a full body workout, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is truly one of a kind when we’re talking about multi-purpose workout equipment. Affordable and compact for what it has to offer, Bowflex Extreme 2 SE enables you to work your arms, shoulders, back, abs, chest and legs. The patented power rods, the maximum of 210 pounds resistance and the pulley system are just some of the unique features that bring the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE close to perfection. If you’ve been looking for a budget friendly machine that will allow you to hit almost every muscle in your body without having to use a dozen different devices, then this might be the perfect choice for you.
Pros and Cons to Using the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym
If you don’t want to pack your bag and head to the gym every morning, or if you’re in a time crunch, this machine will do wonders for your workout routine. Read on about the Bowflex reviews pros and cons to get the full picture about what this equipment can do and decide whether it’s the right match for you or not.
- The Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE allows you to skip the gym altogether and enjoy a complete workout at home. Bowflex Xtreme 2 reviews praised its ease of use, the impressive range of exercises it has to offer and its flexibility. Suitable both for men and women, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE is ideal for fitness enthusiasts who are looking for an all-in-one type of equipment.
- For all the features it offers, this Bowflex home gym doesn’t take up a lot of space. In comparison with a free weight equipment, this machine is smaller. It measures just 83 x 58 x 49 inches and weighs 157 pounds. This makes it easy to use in small spaces and perfect for apartments.
- One Amazon Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE review emphasized how safe the equipment is. The user noticed that you don’t have to worry about your arms or legs giving out when you are bench pressing or doing a squat.
- Bowflex Extreme 2SE comes with a weight resistance of 210 pounds, but this can easily be increased to 410 pounds. The upgrade makes the equipment better suited for body-builders who are looking to buff up.
- The compact design of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym didn’t sacrifice comfort. The adjustable seat makes sure the user is sitting ergonomically and that he is comfortable while doing the exercises. The padding and the back and knee support guarantee your position is correct, minimizing the chances to get injured when you’re performing back or leg exercises.
- One Bowflex Xtreme 2 review pointed out that while you don’t need to switch the cables of this equipment, you do have to change the handholds. This leads to the cables getting twisted enough to make you stop exercising. You then have to get up and untwist all the cables in order to continue with your set, which can become irritating, especially when it happens several times during a workout.
- Other Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE reviews stressed that the power rod quickly wears out, and the resistance gives way. Users then have to invest in another 210-pound power rod stack to replace the original one.
- The Bow Flex Extreme 2 doesn’t come with a training DVD, so you have to count on your previous workout knowledge to figure things out. If you’re a beginner, try looking up tutorials to see all the exercises you can do.
Where to Find the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym?
You can find the equipment on several websites, both new and used. The best recommendation is to shop for the machine on Amazon where the Bowflex Xtreme 2 price is $1,354. This way, you’ll receive the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym at your doorstep on time and you can get a refund or a replacement if you find any damaged parts inside the package.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 allows you to do a long list of workouts. Back exercises include standing low back extensions, narrow pulldowns with lateral pulldown bar, crossovers, seated lat rows and pulldowns. You can do more than twenty arm exercises, including triceps pushdowns with lateral pulldown bar, cross triceps extensions, reverse barbell bicep curls and hammer triceps kickback. Shoulders and legs are not neglected either. You can tone these muscles by doing front shoulder raises and crossover seated rear delt rows and standing hip extensions and single leg calf raises.
Before beginning your workouts, always remember to warm up for five to ten minutes. This will help you prevent injuries and will prepare your muscles for all the hard work that’s in store for them. When choosing your Bowflex Xtreme 2SE exercises and the resistance you want to work with, also take into consideration your endurance level, your experience and any health problems. Steer away from exercises that make you feel uncomfortable. Resistance workouts should feel difficult and challenging, not unbearable and painful.
To keep your Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym in tip-top shape, make sure to use a non-abrasive cleaner to wipe the bench after every use. You should also keep an eye on worn out components before starting to work out. Tighten loose screws and check the cables and harnesses to make sure they’re not going to give in once you start your sets.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym comes with two non-adjustable handles and another two that are adjustable. You also receive one straight bar, two nylon straps and one lat bar that has curved ends. In addition to these, an ab crunch harness is included, along with a workout poster which offers some suggestions on two groups of exercises. You can make your Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym even stronger and more efficient by buying other Bowflex accessories like a preacher curl bar or ab attachment.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The power rods of the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym come with a lifetime warranty, while the frame is only cover for one year and the parts for sixty days. While this might not sound impressive, it’s certainly a step up from what other home gyms in the same price range offer. Customer service is never late to reply to your inquiries, so if you want to get more info about a certain thing, don’t shy away from dropping them a line or giving them a phone call.
Any Customer Complaints?
Since it weighs a little over 185 pounds, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym can be difficult to move around. Customers have complained about the heavy piece of equipment which once is set up is bound to stay put. Other users complained about the equipment adjustments. You have to manually set different levels of exercises, but this applies to most gym machines. One Bowflex Xtreme review noticed that the equipment does not come with an accessory rack, which means users have to improvise and get creative in order to store the additional accessories.
All in all, the Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym is a complex piece of equipment with a great design and a wide variety of features. It will work wonderfully if you’re motivated enough to keep up with an at-home routine, enabling you to work out your arms, legs, back, chest, shoulders and abs with more than seventy exercises. While you might have to invest in some other accessories if you’re an aspiring body builder, this home gym is a great alternative to packing your bag and heading to a fitness club day in and day out.