The Proform ZT3 treadmill is an entry level piece of equipment that is ideal for walking and light jogging. A home gym or a spare room equipped with a few workout tools completely eliminates the need of going to the fitness club every day. If you’re acting upon the doctor’s recommendation or you want to start incorporating light jogging into your daily routine, investing in a treadmill can be the best solution. There are various models to choose from out there, according to your fitness goals, performance expectations and budget. The Proform ZT3 treadmill stands out through an affordable price and sleek design. Let’s see what else it can do and what it lacks.
What is the Proform ZT3 Treadmill Review?
With 6 preset trainer workouts, the Proform ZT3 treadmill can reach up to 10 miles per hour and boasts a 1.5 CHP Mach Motor. The Proform incline treadmill feature allows users to automatically incline the tread belt with a simple press of a button to a maximum of 10 percent. Designed with space saving in mind, the Proform treadmill ZT3 measures 69 x 28 inches, but folds up to take less space. Weighing 154 pounds, the treadmill has a user weight capacity of 250 pounds. The Tread Soft cushioning promises to absorb the shock and promote a speedier recovery between jogging sessions. The ZT3 keeps you up to date with the burnt calories number, speed and distance via an LCD control panel that is very user friendly. The tread belt is 18 x 55 inches, offering ample room for walking, but not enough for running. Great for light at-home exercises, the Proform ZT3 treadmill doesn’t abound in features or special options. It’s rather a basic treadmill that is suitable for light jogging, but not for experienced runners.
Pros and Cons to Using the Proform ZT3 Treadmill Review
If you’ve been on the hunt for an entry level treadmill that won’t break the bank and will perform the basic tasks, the ZT3 is for you. However, keep in mind these drawbacks before ordering your own machine.
- One Proform ZT3 treadmill review correctly underlined that what you see is what you get. The affordable price didn’t leave room for extra features, top notch materials or latest LCD control panel. If your expectations are not too high, you’ll be satisfied with this treadmill.
- With Proform, personal trainer problems are solved. The treadmill comes with several preset programs. These programs allow you to target the zones you want to work out on specific days.
- It’s extremely easy to crank up the speed or increase the incline. The controls of the Pro Form personal trainer treadmill are smooth and you won’t have to stop in your tracks to adjust the speed. This feature is especially important for working with intervals, making for a smooth jogging session.
- The noise level of the ZT3 is kept to a minimum, so if you’ve been thinking about combining a workout on the Proform treadmill with TV watching, you’ll love this machine.
- Throughout the workout, the user can see the main info at a glance: the pulse, speed, distance and burnt calories are all displayed on the LCD panel, which helps you keep tabs on your progress.
- The built-in EKG rate monitor offers an accurate reading, which completely eliminates the need to use an extra tool for the job.
- The Pro Form ZT3 is not easy to put together. You’ll definitely require an extra pair of hands to assemble the machine. Be prepared to spend up to two hours on putting all the different parts together, following the instructions in the manual.
- While this treadmill does a good job of delivering the basics for walking and moderate jogging, it’s not suitable for running. If you plan strenuous cardio sessions, this treadmill is not for you.
- The treadmill doesn’t have a water bottle holder, which means you have to improvise if you want to keep water within reach during your workouts.
Where to Find the Proform ZT3 Treadmill?
You can buy Proform ZT3 machines from various online retailers. Some offer you the possibility to choose between new pieces of equipment or second-hand treadmills. Shopping on Amazon gives you the guarantee of receiving the product on time and benefit from excellent customer service. Unfortunately, for the time being, the Proform ZT3 treadmill is unavailable on Amazon. We will update as soon as it is back in stock. The price of the Proform personal trainer treadmill ZT3 varies from $400-$500, depending on the shop and delivery costs.
If you’re buying the Proform ZT3 treadmill following your doctor’s orders and you’re planning to use it for walking on a daily basis, keep in mind your endurance level. You’ll want to work your way up to higher speeds and lengthier walks in order to leave your body enough time to adjust. Treadmills are great for preventing osteoporosis and for increasing bone density. But don’t rush your way into things. And never neglect to warm up for at least five minutes before each workout session.
Intermediate users might want to try jogging intervals. The same rules apply: never forgo the warm up and don’t neglect your current endurance status. It’s great to try to push your limits, but you shouldn’t feel wiped out when you’re done exercising. Alternating between 1,5 minute intervals varying in speed will burn fat and strengthen your joints. Inclining the tread belt will work different group muscles and make you work even harder. It’s up to you if you choose to follow a preset program or if you create your own customized workout session.
Proform ZT3 treadmill trainer doesn’t require high maintenance. Bear in mind the iron rules: keep the LCD display away from excessive moisture and try to store your equipment in a dry room to avoid damaging its parts. For cleaning purposes, use a non-abrasive product and a soft cloth. You should take the time to wipe down the treadmill after each use, using a dry cloth or paper towel. Proform treadmill troubleshooting shouldn’t give you any headaches, but don’t hesitate to reach out to the customer service line that should be able to help you with any issues.
The Proform ZT3 treadmill doesn’t come with any accessories, and you shouldn’t even need any, other than time, a bit of will, and your water bottle within reach.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
Any Customer Complaints?
One Proform ZT3 treadmill customer complained about the machine not being very suitable for small people. The heart rate grips are built into the handlebars. The handlebars can be difficult to reach by someone who is around five feet tall. For an accurate heart rate reading, you need to hold the handle bars for at least a few seconds. If you can’t reach them comfortably, this might interrupt your jogging flow and even make you stop in your tracks.
If you want to walk more and you don’t know how to start, Proform treadmill ZT3 is the ideal tool. It will get you moving even on rainy days or whenever you can’t reach a gym. The Proform ZT3 treadmill is a budget friendly machine. It’s equipped with a few basic features and comes with six preset workout programs. If you’re not planning to train for a marathon and you have modest expectations for your treadmill, you won’t go wrong with buying the Proform treadmill ZT3.