Fitness fans who are looking for a top notch product to improve their home gym should definitively check out the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike. We will cover all of the main features of this new Schwinn exercise bike, as well as the pros and cons that you should consider before purchasing it.
This device is the latest development as it has multiple heart rate workouts, two fitness tests, and 29 pre-set programs. In addition, users will find this product very versatile thanks to its four user profiles, resistance range, and adjustability.
Also, if toning your lower body is your goal, then the 17-pound flywheel is going to be ideal for you. Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is one of the best products on the market because it is quite affordable and user-friendly.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Main Features
To give an idea of how large the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is, this is its size once you have assembled it:
- Weight: 86.6 lbs / Length: 64 inches
- Width: 27.7 inches / Height: 49.9 inches
The maximum user weight of the Schwinn Recumbent Bicycle is 300 lbs. Also, it has transport wheels to ensure easy mobility. This bike comes with a media shelf allowing the users to benefit from a relaxing fitness experience. This goes well with the three-speed cooling fan which will prevent excessive sweat.
To help you remain hydrated during exercises, the Schwinn 270 has a water bottle holder as well. The high inertia and speed drive system is designed to help users experience a consistent and smooth workout. In addition, the 29 workout programs are matched only by the 25 levels of resistance which provide a versatile workout performance. You can monitor you heart rate through the handlebar grips and chest strap.
The Schwinn Recumbent Bike 270 comes with a DualTrack™ two blue backlit LCD display system. It’s also equipped with other impressive features such as an MP3 player input port, in-console iPod speakers, USB, and Bluetooth data transfer option to MyFitnessPal, Nautilus® Connect, or Schwinn Connect™.
In addition to this, the bike includes 12 profile programs such as 4 challenges, 4 mountain rides, and 4 fun rides. It also features 9 heart rate programs with custom settings. It’s worth mentioning that the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has a quick start feature as well. Last but not least, workout data is quite diverse, as it includes resistance, calories, heart rate, revolutions per minute, level, distance, time, and speed.
The official price of the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike is $799. Plus, the electrical adaptor is included in the price, as well as the warranty. However, you can buy it for just $465 on Amazon. If you purchase it from Amazon, you will also benefit from free shipping.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Additional Info
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a sturdy exercise bike that requires little maintenance. To make sure your bike stays in peak condition, you should check all of the nuts and bolts about one a month, and retighten them as necessary.
You should also avoid exposing the console to moisture. Likewise, when cleaning the console screen, do not use harsh cleaning products. In most cases, a soft dry cloth should do the trick.
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike does not come with accessories. However, we would recommend purchasing an equipment mat, to avoid damaging your floor. An equipment mat can also make the bike more stable and silent as you are working out.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has a 2-year mechanical warranty, 90-day labor warranty, one-year electrical warranty, and a ten-year frame warranty.
This bike is suitable for all users, because it has beginner, advanced, and custom settings. As such, if you have never jumped on a recumbent bike before, then you are advised to start with a milder workout to see how you handle it. After getting accustomed with the device, you have 29 workout programs and 25 levels of resistance to choose from. Plus, if you want to make it more interesting, you can try one of the 4 mountains rides or the 4 challenges.
Users who are interested in heart rate monitoring can simply go for one of the 9 customizable programs. In case you want to check your fitness performance, you can choose between the 2 fitness test programs. Also, you have one recovery test program which measures how quickly your heart rate recovers during the exercises.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Pros and Cons
When we think about advantages and drawbacks, there are more things to like about the Schwinn Recumbent Bike 270.
Even if it doesn’t have every bell and whistle, one of the top features of this product is the comfortable seating. If a recumbent bike doesn’t have an excellent setting, instead of being motivated, you will become frustrated because of it.
However, that is not the case with the Schwinn 270 thanks to the great cushioning and lumbar support. Plus, air can flow through the back to keep you cool during exercises.
- This bike is low to the ground compared to upright bikes. Plus, this product doesn’t have a bar which usually blocks the user’s access to the chair.
- This device is quite light. It weighs only 88 pounds. Additional stability is provided by a center support.
- Besides the 25 resistance levels, this bike is smooth and silent.
- Thanks to the four user profiles, all family members can store their personal info, workout data, and customized programs into the bike’s digital system.
- You can upload your fitness tracking data to the Schwinn Connect website. The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is also compatible with MyFitnessPal. This is an app which stores your workout info and enables you to develop a complex structure of your fitness performance.
- The 12 profile workouts and 29 program options provide massive training support. Additionally, users benefit from nine heart rate control workouts divided into three categories including custom, beginner, and advanced.
- You are allowed to save 4 built-in fitness programs, try other features, and even take workout tests to make the process more challenging.
- This bike comes with a grip heart rate monitor and a wireless telemetry. You can also purchase the chest strap if you want to benefit from the wireless monitoring.
- Users are provided with an excellent MP3 acoustic system, a USB charging port, accessory tray, a three-speed cooling fan, and a water bottle holder.
- The console can be quite confusing because it has a wide variety of options.
- The 17-pound flywheel doesn’t meet the requirements of some users who would rather go for a heavier flywheel which would provide them with a smoother riding performance and stronger resistance.
- Tall users will find it difficult to extend their legs as much as they need to.
- The packaging is not 100 percent safe as some units were damaged during shipment.
- Unfortunately, the manual pulse monitor doesn’t function sometimes, but the wireless pulse monitoring works well.
- According to another Schwinn 270 review, some parts were defective. However, the customer service was excellent and solved these issue in no time.
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has been almost unanimously praised by everyone who has ever purchased it. It delivers a smooth and rewarding work out experience consistently. In addition, there are many preset programs and customization options. Most users found this a great asset since regardless of your fitness level or experience, you could find or make a program to suit your needs. And it’s also quite easy to install, as it seems the instructions are quite clear and the exercise bike itself is easy to assemble.
One minor issue a couple of users mentioned was the computer screen brightness. Unfortunately, you cannot adjust the brightness level, and some users complained it was a bit too bright, especially when working out in a dark room. However, most saw this as a nuisance, rather than a genuine issue.
Other users complained their product arrived slightly damaged. However, this did not affect the performance of the bike. And it seems Schwinn customer service is just as good as its products.
To sum up, this product is most likely the best recumbent bike among the low-priced devices on the market. In other words, if you are looking for a cost-efficient machine that is also user-friendly and reliable, then the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a safe investment and a great fitness companion.