Over the last few years, the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells have grown quite popular and they are regarded as a great asset for any home gym.
With just a simple twist of a dial, SelectTech dumbbells 1090 adjust from 10 to 90 pounds. This product has not only blown away the competition but it is also very durable.
So, if you want to jump on the bandwagon, here a few things you need to know including pros and cons, specifications, and warranty.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Main Features
What makes the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 pair so great is that it is designed for both amateurs and advanced users alike. The SelectTech 1090 dimensions are 10” x 10” x 17.5” (W x H x L). In other words, this product is an excellent space saver. The Bowflex pair has 17 weight settings ranging from 10 to 90 lbs per dumbbell. Weight is adjustable in 5 pounds increments. The metal plates are covered with a durable molding layer, thus increasing the product’s durability.
The excellent handles of these Bowflex dumbbells will ensure that not matter how much weight you put on them, they will always feel comfortable and natural in your hands. The handle is rubberized to guarantee a safe and comfortable grip.
In many ways, the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 series is similar to the Bowflex SelectTech 552. However, If we compare the SelectTech 552 and 1090, Bowflex 1090 is a better choice, especially for serious lifters. The SelectTech 552 weighs 50lbs while SelectTech 1090 goes up to a maximum of 90lbs, which is almost double.
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 single dumbbell can be found on Amazon for $305 with free shipping. A pair of these Bowflex adjustable dumbells will set you back $619 with free shipping from Amazon as well. In other words, if you buy the pair, you will get a better deal.
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells are fairly sturdy. However, given their design, you cannot drop after working out, as you would traditional dumbbells. You must set them down gently, as the hard plastic that keeps the weights in place can get damaged if you drop them. To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend purchasing a dumbbell stand.
Besides its durable design, this product comes with a 3-year warranty. In addition to this, customers also get a 6-week Fitness Results Guarantee, meaning that they will get their money back if they are not satisfied with the product.
The Bowflex dumbbells do not come with a lot of accessories, since the principle behind Bowflex adjustable dumbbells is to use as few movable parts as possible. Still, we would recommend purchasing a Bowflex dumbbell stand from Amazon, to ensure your Bowflex dumbbells are in peak condition for years to come.
Because these Bowflex dumbells are highly customizable, you can use them for a variety of exercise routines. You can use them for simple, light exercises and toning. But you can also use them to strengthen your upper and lower body, with heavy lifting exercises. Just one dumbbell is quite heavy as it can weigh up to 90 pounds. With such weight, you can go for rows, bench presses, squats, and even deadlifts.
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbell comes with a ‘Secrets of the Four-Step Rep’ DVD at no additional costs. Using this DVD, you will learn over 30 single-dumbbell exercises
Pros and Cons to Using the Bowflex SelectTech 1090
This model has received many positive reviews on Amazon and even if it’s not the best thing since sliced bread, we can guarantee you that when it comes to pros and cons, there is much more to like about the SelectTech 1090.
The best thing about this product is that anyone can use it regardless of their lifting routine.
- Besides the 17 different weight settings, these dumbbells have a beautiful design that stands out compared with other products on the market.
- Furthermore, the SelectTech 1090 is a great space saver, so it can fit anywhere in your bedroom. It is worth mentioning that thanks to so many adjustable settings, these dumbbells are ideal for all fitness enthusiasts.
- Even if this pair seems a bit expensive at first, keep in mind it is not just durable but quite affordable compared with many other products on the market. In other words, you don’t want to look for something too cheap because you will save a buck that ends up sacrificing quality.
- It is worth mentioning that you will benefit from the most effective speed circuit routines thanks to the dial switching option.
- Its design is not only stylish but the product is also user-friendly.
- It has a high-quality construction and materials.
- Customers get a money-back guarantee as well.
With these dumbbells you can work efficiently and safe, thus preventing injuries. The free DVD will teach you to exercise correctly to avoid back pain.
Also, you will build up core strength, which is the one provided by your abdominal muscles, back muscles, and all the muscles around your hips, sides, and pelvis.
Men who have strong and healthy core muscles are able to do many exciting things including climb, swim, throw, jump, run, and ski.
It is worth mentioning that even if you work in an office and you have to sit on your desk all day long, these muscles prevent you from developing back problems.
Moreover, you will be better at sports and strongly motivated. Plus, your will have a confident posture and a healthier central nervous system.
Even if this product has many advantages, there are a few downsides as well.
- Unfortunately, they do not come with a stand. Bowflex offers one at $150 but you can find something much more affordable on the market.
- Another tad on the dark side is that the SelectTech 1090 is quite difficult to put together.
- Some customers complained that this model is a bit large compared with other dumbbells.
- Also, the grips on the handles can be a little rough on the hands. However, with some lifting gloves, you will no longer experience any discomfort.
- Last but not least, weight brackets can get damaged in case users drop them too much.
User reviews are generally positive. Most sports enthusiasts were pleased with the previous Bowflex dumbbell model, the 552. The Bowflex SelectTecg 1090 only improves upon that previous Bowflex model.
Some users had issues with the relatively long handles of the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells. However, they managed to work around it simply by working each arm at a time. Other users complained about how brittle the plastic components of these dumbbells are. However, it seems these were just isolated cases.
Overall, the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 is defintly an investment worth considering, according to most users. The handles feel comfortable and the addedd weight is definitly an improvement.
Thanks to this feature, the latest Bowflex technology replaces 34 traditional dumbells. In other words, SelectTech 1090 is the ideal choice if you want to save space and to benefit from a wide variety of exercises with just one product.
Regardless of the things that can spell trouble, this product is a valuable asset for your home gym. Amateurs and serious lifters have grown fond of these dumbbells despite the lack of a stand.
Plus, the speed circuits routine demonstrates how flexible this model can be. Also, even if it doesn’t come with every bell and whistle, the Bowflex 1090 is built to last, has a long-term warranty and a money-back guarantee.
So if you are looking for a safe investment, then SelectTech 1090 might be your best bet.