The Proform Hybrid Trainer is a wonderful addition to your home if you want to stay in shape and enjoy a multitude of features in an elliptical hybrid. What makes the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer stand out among other standard pieces of fitness equipment is that it is a recumbent bike and elliptical in one, making it an awesome hybrid machine. Proform hybrid trainer elliptical and recumbent bike reviews are pretty different, but most customers are genuinely happy with their investment. To help you get a better idea about the Pro Form hybrid, we have created a complete Proform Hybrid Trainer New Model Review with all the info you need.
In addition to basic information about what a hybrid trainer elliptical and recumbent bike is, our Proform Hybrid Trainer review will cover the main features of the Proform hybrid trainer elliptical. Moreover, we’ll walk you through what the good parts and bad parts about the Proform bike trainer are, the Proform bike price and anything else you need to know about the Proform hybrid elliptical and recumbent bike.
Enjoy our Proform Hybrid review below and let us know what your thoughts on this hybrid elliptical and recumbent bike are!
What is the Proform Hybrid Trainer?
The Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer, commonly referred to as just the Proform Hybrid Trainer, is a hybrid elliptical and bike all in the same product. Hybrid trainer reviews, and Proform Hybrid Trainer reviews in particular, praise the manufacturing company for coming up with a practical fusion that doesn’t require a fitness professional to operate.
First and foremost, the Proform elliptical and recumbent bike shines through its easy-to-assemble and easy-to-use features, accessible for individuals of all ages and builds. Even though one Proform bike trainer review complained about a difficult assembly process, all of the other Proform recumbent elliptical reviews on Amazon expressed how easy it all was. To get a general idea, most users (men, average age and build) set up the Proform hybrid trainer elliptical and recumbent bike within two hours. The Proform bike parts are all well-packaged and accurately labeled, but you will require your own set of tools to set everything up. A few that users recommend for choosing from are:
- Screwdriver set
- Power screwdriver
- Wrench set
- Four AA batteries (for the display)
The Proform Hybrid Trainer itself is manual, but it has a few features that customers are highly interested in:
- 16 levels of resistance (magnetic)
- 15 inch stride (might be a bit short for some users)
- 350 pound weight capacity
- EKG grip pulse
- Inertia-enhanced flywheel
- LCD display
These features definitely fall under the perks category for the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer, but there are a few disadvantages to consider. See the full list of pros and cons below.
Pros and Cons to Using the Proform Hybrid Trainer
- 2 in 1 – By far, the best part about the Proform Hybrid Trainer is that you get two products in one, a recumbent bike and an elliptical trainer. Not only will this save you money on buying two fitness machines, but it will also save a lot of space in your house. Keep in mind that the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer is not a small machine, but it’s far better, space-wise, than having two.
- Amazing value – While countless ellipticals and bikes on the fitness equipment market can end up being far more expensive than most customers are willing to buy, the Proform Hybrid Trainer is very reasonably priced.
- Easy assembly – Even though one customer complained about complicated assembly, most were actually thrilled that the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer didn’t take a lot of time to set up. Provided you have the right tools, the Proform Hybrid Trainer shouldn’t take more than two or three hours to assemble.
- Simple transition – Some customers might be apprehensive about switching from an elliptical to a recumbent back and forth, especially if they have health issues. However, a Proform Hybrid Trainer customer with back injuries explained that the process was really easy.
- Easy to use – We all know that there are machines out there that only a fitness guru can understand. What’s great about the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer is that it’s super easy to use, regardless if you have zero experience with exercise equipment. There aren’t any complicated features to get lost in, only the ones that you need to get a good elliptical or bike workout.
- Best-seller – You can really tell that an exercise machine is worth the investment if you see it among the top ten best-selling products in its category on Amazon. This is the case for the Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer.
- Warranty issues – One Proform Hybrid Trainer customer had quite a bad experience with customer service and warranty. Even though he was perfectly satisfied with the machine itself, he mentioned that it was very difficult to get in touch with their customer service and use the warranty he was promised.
- Short stride – Although this con is relative, we wanted to include it for tall users. Quite a few Proform Hybrid Elliptical Trainer customers complained about the short, 15 inch stride.
Where to Find the Proform Hybrid Trainer?
You can always count on Amazon for giving you the best deals on fitness equipment from reliable sources, the Proform Hybrid Trainer included. For example, their offer for this hybrid trainer right now is 43% off its original price, at only $339.99. In addition to this low price, you also get free shipping in the United States if you have Amazon Prime.
On Amazon you can also see the average customer rating (currently 3.8 out of 5 stars, with 44% five star reviews) for the Proform Hybrid Trainer. Check out the customer reviews on the product page for personal experiences from those who bought it.
We encourage you to start small and work your way up to the higher resistance levels. You can switch between the elliptical and the bike as you please, according to your desired workouts.
One customer mentioned that the Proform Hybrid Trainer began squeaking at one point, after her taller husband used the machine. You can search for lubricating solutions that will fit into your price range if this is your case.
Aside from the batteries for the LCD and the tools for assembly, you don’t need anything else for the Proform Hybrid Trainer to function. Optionally, invest in an exercise equipment mat for protection.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The manufacturers provide a 90 day warranty for the parts and labor and a 5 year warranty for the frame, but take caution with customer service.
Any Customer Complaints?
As mentioned above, you might not be able to enjoy your warranty due to the lack of reliable customer service. The other complaints were included in our cons section.
As a general conclusion, the Proform Hybrid Trainer is an excellent machine and a very smart buying decision. As long as you don’t experience any problems that require your warranty or communicating with customer service, we are sure that you’d love this product. Nevertheless, if you do need to use these services, we recommend that you get in touch with an Amazon representative if you can’t get in touch with Proform’s customer service.