The Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill is just one of the many affordable and user friendly treadmills on the market. With an increasing trend to set up a home gym and work out from home, treadmills are becoming easier to buy and set up. While the latest models boast top of the line features, not all of them succeed on the market and get poor reviews. To meet the customers’ expectations, budget treadmills have to strike the balance between attractive prices and reliability. Did the Merit Fitness 725T plus treadmill by Horizon Fitness manage to impress its customers?
What is the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill?
If you’re looking for cheap running treadmills, you’re bound to stumble over the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill. As an upgrade to the earlier model, the Merit Fitness 715T plus treadmill, this budget piece of equipment has a 2.25 horsepower motor. The adjustable speed can go up to 10 miles per hour and the LED panel keeps tabs on your speed, time, distance and burnt calories. Additionally, the folding system makes storing the treadmill away easier and enables users to free up extra floor space. The cushioned running area measures 18 by 45 inches, and the whole unit weighs a little over 121 pounds. The preset workout programs allow users to try out intervals, cardio sessions, hill climbing and weight loss challenges. Able to hold up to 250 pounds user weight, the Merit 725T Plus treadmill has a maximum of 10% incline and comes with a pulse monitor incorporated in the handgrips.
Pros and Cons to Using the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill
Most Merit 725T reviews are favorable, with the majority of the buyers praising the exceptional price – quality ratio. In addition to all the great plusses, there are some drawbacks that are worth keeping in mind before buying this piece of equipment.
- A Merit Fitness 725T treadmill review noted that the machine is extremely easy to set up and very user friendly;
- The Merit Treadmill 725T is quieter than other treadmills, even the most expensive models that boast noise reduction;
- The powered incline feature allows users to go up to a maximum of 10 percent;
- The computer’s layout is very intuitive, with one Merit 725T Treadmill review pointing out that even users who are not familiar with a treadmill’s control panel find it easy to manage it;
- Buyers were impressed by the amount of features they received for the value of the Merritt fitness treadmill.
- A Merit Fitness 725T Plus treadmill review underlined that the locking mechanism used for folding up the deck is not reliable. Other buyers agreed that this is indeed a huge disadvantage that could potentially damage the floors and injure the users;
- The product specs boast a generous deck length. However, in the users’ opinion, this doesn’t offer enough space for running at full speed, but rather only enough for walking and light jogging;
- Despite advertising a foldable feature, Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill buyers had some complains on the subject. The machine is not as compact as customers are led to believe and even when it’s folded it’s still bulky and takes up a lot of space;
- The pulse monitor might seem like a great plus at a first glance, but many customers were disappointed by its poor performance. Since it doesn’t display accurate data, this tool is useless and only forces the customers to use another method to measure their heart rate;
- Another promising feature that failed to impress Merit Fitness clients, the cup holders are not nearly large enough to hold a bottle and all attempts to place something in there will result in the object falling down;
- While the incline power of 10% and various pre-set workout programs make this a versatile treadmill, it’s only suitable for walking and light jogging. With a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour and a modest sized running deck, the Merit Fitness treadmill 725T would be very unsatisfying for seasoned runners and even for taller joggers with a longer stride.
Where to Find the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill?
The 725T plus treadmill prices vary between $649 and $500. If you decide to opt for a second hand machine, you’ll probably be able to find something in the $300 ballpark. If you’re looking for Merit Fitness 725T plus treadmill best price, Amazon is currently selling it at $499, including free standard delivery. You can choose to pay $58 extra if you want a three year protection or $50 for a two year one.
When it comes to personal routines, it’s always best to customize your workout and take into account your endurance level and your goals. If your aim is to walk seven miles per day, start building up your endurance by adding 20 minute walking sessions to your daily routine. If you feel comfortable, increase the length until you reach your objective. The preset programs will keep you from getting bored and are always at hand if you’re up for a challenge. You don’t have to be an experimented runner to give them a try, but it’s always ideal to try to push yourself and discover your limits.
For users who are accustomed to running outside or on a treadmill, we recommend intervals or climbing sessions on the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill. There won’t be an idle second to get bored with these two. If you’re aiming to lose fat or to strengthen your joints, go for long jogs and alternate between speeds and inclines. To make sure the treadmill perfectly simulates outdoor jogging conditions, keep the running deck constantly inclined at 1%.
Merit treadmills are usually pretty low maintenance. However, there are some “do nots” you might want to keep in mind once you receive the equipment. You should keep the Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill away from excessive moisture and set it up in dry rooms. Only use non-abrasive products to clean the frame and wipe it clean with a dry cloth after each use. If the thread belt is in need of lubrication, invest in a trustworthy brand.
The Horizon Treadmill 725T plus has a built-in heart rate monitor and comes with bottle holders.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The machine’s frame is covered for life, while the motor gets two years warranty. In addition to this, customers also receive 90 days warranty for parts and labor.
Any Customer Complaints?
One Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill reviewer shook his head at the safety strap. This tool uses a weak magnet to stick to the machine, which makes it very easy to knock over. When the safety strap accidentally falls down, the treadmill stops working and the settings reset once it is reattached. Another great cause of complaint among Horizon treadmill 725T buyers was the heart monitor, which requires users to hold onto the handles through the entire jogging session, only to deliver inaccurate results.
The Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill is a helpful cardio machine, as long as you don’t set your expectations too high. While it’s ideal for beginners and light joggers, this treadmill model failed to impress more experienced runners. The user friendly control panel, the incline settings and foldable feature are great plusses. However, we shouldn’t overlook the disadvantages: the bulky frame, faulty heart rate monitor and limited running deck could be a deal breaker even for newbies.