The Keiser M3 is a relatively high-end indoor cycling bike. Though it may look quite unimpressive at first glance, this indoor bike was not built to be flashy. Instead, most of its qualities are hidden away in the sturdy frame. If you’re not convinced this indoor cycle is worth the price, perhaps our Keiser M3 review will convince you.
Keiser M3 Indoor Bicycle Main Features
The Keiser M3 is a very reliable piece of fitness equipment. Though it may not look like much, once you start using this indoor bicycle, you understand why it costs slightly more than other indoor bicycles. Apart from the fact that is virtually completely silent, the pedaling motion is quite smooth. And the frame feels sturdy underneath.
The Keiser M3 features a small computer which monitors drip distance, gear resistance, trip time, heart rate via wireless Polar monitor, kilocalorie expenditure, watts power output, and RPM.
In addition to this, Keiser spinning bikes are easy to install and they have other benefits such as a Fitness Magnetic resistance seat (adjustable in four ways), quality-tested engineering, silent operation, adjustable and portable pedals, compact footprint, and a durable construction.
Not only that, but the Keiser M3 can put up with a lot. It is a semi-professional indoor stationary cycle. For this reason, you may want to consider how often you are going to use it, and how intensely. Considering the fact that this model tends to be more expensive than others, the Keiser M3 might be better suited for advanced trainers, who need a bike that can handle a lot of strain. Otherwise, if you’re not ready to commit to a rigorous workout routine, the investment might be a bit much.
In this section of our Keiser M3 review, we will be looking a few things you should know about the Keiser M3, such as how to maintain the Keiser M3 in peak condition, and what workout routines you should try out on this indoor cycle.
The Keiser M3 does not require special maintenance. To ensure your Keiser cycle is in peak condition, you should check that all nuts and bolts are still firmly screwed in place. You should also wax the areas that come in contact with sweat. Waxing these areas about once a month should be enough. It’s also advisable to lubricate the adjustment handles monthly as well.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
Like all Keiser fitness products, the Keiser M3 has a 10-year warranty for the frame, 3 years for the moving parts and 90 days for the upholstery.
The Keiser M3 does not come with any accessories. However, you can purchase a mat to protect the floor. There are also special maintenance oils and gels you can purchase together with your Keiser M3. It’s good to keep them at hand, to maintain your bike.
As mentioned, the Keiser M3 is the type of fitness equipment you can really push. However, if you are a beginner or haven’t trained in a while, you shouldn’t try that. Even though the bike itself might be able to take it, your body might not.
In the beginning, it’s best if you keep your training sessions short. You can start off with a light pedal for about half an hour, and then move to more intense resistance levels. However, if you decide to increase the intensity of the training, make sure the shorten the duration of the exercise. As time goes by you, gradually increase the duration of the workout sessions, to a point in which you feel the burn, but not the strain.
Keiser M3 Pros and Cons
The Keiser M3 Indoor Bicycle has experienced a lot of success thanks to its impressive features which were on the taste of every customer.
- Stability. The Keiser M3 has a sturdy build. Even if you pedal fast, the frame doesn’t budge and feels quite comfortable
- Silent. This indoor cycle is surprisingly silent, even after prolonged use. With proper maintenance, you’ll barely hear the Keiser M3. This is thanks to the magnetic resistance system it uses.
- Simple design. Part of the reason why the Keiser M3 indoor cycle is so silent is because it has a very simple design. This also makes it quite small. Even though it is not foldable, it will not take up much space.
- Heart rate monitor. The monitor is quite reliable and allows you to assess your workout as you go along. Though there are more impressive, the Keiser M3 monitor does it job quite well, and that’s all you can ask for.
- Price. This indoor cycle might a bit too pricey for beginners. However, it is definitely worth the price. And maybe, by purchasing a high-end piece of equipment, you’ll feel more encouraged to workout.
- Somewhat difficult assembly. While it is not difficult to put the bike together, you will need the proper tools to do so. And these tools do not come in the package. You will most likely require an allen wrench, torque wrench and a couple of open wrenches.
To conclude our Keiser M3 review, we have to say this Keiser indoor bike is definitely worth the purchase if you are committed to your workout routine. It’s a great piece of equipment that feels great. And with proper maintenance, it can last for years. There’s really nothing bad we can say about this indoor bicycle. The design is sleek and fits well in most any home. And even though it’s not foldable, it doesn’t take up a lot of space. So really, it’s a superb choice when it comes to indoor bicycles.