The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is part of the new 2013 line of the company’s fitness products. Like many other items from this brand, the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is moderately-priced and offers great value for money. It is thoroughly designed to give you a smoother training experience. The settings, features, and console are all very easy to use. As the name suggests, the bike will let you balance your body in such a way that you get into a comfortable upright biking position. To make an informed judgment of the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike, you should read this review.
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Main Features
The sturdy construction of the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike allows it to carry a maximum weight of 300 lbs. The machine itself weighs 69 pounds and has dimensions of 41 by 22 by 58 inches. It has two integrated levers that help to make the workout platform comfortable. The handlebars are adjustable for the same purpose. As if that is not enough, the manufacturer made the crossbar larger and included a padded and contoured seat. These can be adjusted if necessary.
The bike uses a dual display window system to allow the monitoring of 13 display feedbacks. It also has a USB port that lets you transfer data to My Fitness Pal or Schwinn Connect.
Experienced and beginner trainees can all use this fitness product to keep fit. There are 22 workout programs designed for the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike. It is also possible to set custom programs for beginners and experienced users. The 20 levels of resistance in this bike allow you to choose the degree of intensity you want.
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Additional Info
The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is a high-quality product, meaning you should not expect it to break down soon.
To keep the machine in peak condition for the longest period, you should make sure you wipe it after every workout. The console should especially be kept free of moisture and sweat. You should repair or replace parts of the bike as soon as you notice signs of damage. That also means you should inspect the bike before you start your workouts.
The manufacturer advises against the use of petroleum products to lubricate parts. It is important to check the pedals and crank arms and tighten the bike as required before starting your exercises.
For its price, the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike has an excellent warranty package. It gives you coverage for 10 years on the bike’s frame and two years on its parts. Electrical parts are under guarantee for a year and labor is covered for 90 days.
The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike includes these accessories:
• Ten quick keys
• Grip heart rate monitor
• 3-speed fan
• Acoustic chamber sound system
• USB slot
• Water bottle holder
• Media tray
• Transport wheels
• Two integrated levers
The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike has eight preset heart rate workouts. Four of these are designed for beginners while the rest are ideal for the experienced trainees. It has an extra eight exercises that are designed separately for these two groups. There is room for users to create their custom workouts.
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Pros and Cons
A lot of fitness products in this price range end up proving to be practically useless. The Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is different. These are some pros and cons associated with this product.
• Steady. The oversized crossbar tubing and the integrated levers make the machine stable.
• Can support beginners and experienced trainees. The machine has present workouts that cover both training groups. Depending on the user’s experience, the resistance of the bike can be adjusted to any of the 20 available levels.
• Can be used by two people. Unlike many other fitness products in this price range, the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike can save the profiles of two trainees.
• Can export data to Schwinn Connect and My Fitness Pal. The bike has a USB slot for users to export data and helps them track their progress every week, month, and year. Trainees can also connect it to My Fitness Pal, a health product that has been gaining popularity in the recent past.
• Two data screens. These help users access a wide variety of data regarding their exercises.
• Easy to assemble. The manufacturer half assembles the bike, so all you need to do is spend an hour or two putting the rest of the machine together. Use the diagrams in the manual to reduce your stress in assembling.
• It uses AC power. This means that the console and resistance will not work if there is no power.
• Poor pedal design. The manufacturer did not make the pedals with large feet in mind. Their straight design makes people with size 10 feet bang their ankles on the crank as they work out.
• Uncomfortable seat. The seat is not as soft as it should be, and this means you can’t work out for as long as you wish. Most people are only able to exercise for 10 minutes.
• Poorly written instructions. The instructions do not clearly explain how the bike operates. Setting the custom workouts is a complicated process, and many people find it hard.
Reviews of the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike have been overwhelmingly positive, owing to the company’s great effort at providing value for money.
Many users found the bike easy to assemble, taking on average an hour and a half. They also mention the bike’s capacity to record the profiles of two users as one of its best features. A good number of the users have also pointed out that the bike is stable and steady. This is, particularly impressive because of the bike’s price.
The most recurring negative comment on the Schwinn 130 Upright Bike concerned its seat. Most users found it too uncomfortable. That said, many have purchased more comfortable seats from Schwann, and they seem happy with the purchase. Some buyers also complained about the pedal. It is straight and makes you keep hitting the crank with the ankles as you pedal. They also noted that the seat does not stay tightly in position easily; it tends to get loose. However, this does not seem to be a problem with all the Schwann 130 Upright bikes.
The Schwann 130 Upright Bike is ideal for trainees at all levels. Those who are not willing to spend a lot of money on fitness equipment will also find it helpful. It offers many features that are unavailable in competitor products and is also of very high quality. Many users of this product have owned it for months and have not noticed any sign of damage.