The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine is a handy alternative to the traditional cardio and strength exercises like running and weight lifting. Rowing machines are often underestimated, when, in fact, they comprise the key features of an excellent working out tool. Since they don’t put any strain on the joints and back, they are ideal for users with health problems. Rowing machines burn calories quickly, which makes them perfect for weight loss programs. In addition to this, it tones almost every muscle in your body and strengthens your cardiovascular functions.
What is the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine?
The Kettler Kadett rower is an outrigger style machine that has resistance settings ranging from 1 to 12. It has a computer display that keeps users up to date on the number of strokes, speed, pulse rate, training time, energy consumption and distance. With a user capacity of 250 pounds, the Kettler Kadett outrigger measures 49 x 31 x 10 in. Delivering one of the most effective exercise movements, it has an ergonomic, comfortable seat and perfectly simulates water rowing. The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine boasts a hydraulic resistance system, adjustable straps, folding oars and a base with anti-slip base. The sturdy steel frame makes for a safe workout and keeps the machine from wobbling during fast, intense rowing. The Kettler Kadett rowing machine manual gives all instructions for assembling the equipment and getting started with rowing. The guidelines are easy to follow even by novices who are new to rowing machines. However, if you’ve been looking for a rowing machine with video screen, this is not the model for you.
Pros and Cons to Using the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine
With 3.7 out of 5 stars from 88 Amazon reviews, the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine is a sturdy, reliable machine.
- The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine has been praised for its solid build and quality materials. Kettler is known for not cutting corners and delivering top of the line products.
- Thanks to the outrigger designs, users get the realistic feeling of a sculling motion. One Kettler rowing machine review commented on the smooth rowing motion that perfectly resembles rowing in the water.
- Outrigger reviews appreciated the adjustable settings of the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine. The long seat track can be set-up to accommodate taller users and help them get comfortable for long rowing sessions.
- Another nifty feature is the foldable system. The footprint of the Kadett rower becomes significantly smaller, allowing users to store it away when it’s not in use.
- The wide range of resistance levels make the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine suitable both for seasoned users and newbies.
- The comfortable, ergonomic seat makes working out on this rowing machine a dream. Keeping a steady, smooth rowing pace on the Kadett is easy thanks to the fitted seat and sturdy frame.
- The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine doesn’t have wheels, which can make it difficult to move the equipment around without risking scratching the floors.
- The instructions and all the labels are only in German, which can be confusing for most customers. Despite this, the pictures offer enough guidance to help out non-German speakers assemble the unit.
- While the assembling process is not complicated, it definitely requires an extra pair of hands. Customers who live alone might have a difficult time putting the parts together.
- The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine is made out of high quality materials, yet the handles aren’t up to par with the rest of the parts. Some customers found the handles can get slippery after prolonged rowing. However, this can be averted if the users wear fitness gloves.
- The rowing machine is advertised to keep noise to a minimum, allowing users to listen to music or watch TV. But several clients noted that while the rowing motion is indeed silent, the sliding seat can be too noisy.
Where to find the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine?
You can order the Kadett rower from various online retailers. The most reliable source is Amazon. They offer free standard shipping and you can even get lucky with a Kettler Kadett rowing machine sale and benefit from a discount. The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine retails at $599, and you can pay extra if you want a prolonged warranty. For $76.92 buyers can get a 3 year protection and for $61.08, a two year protection.
Rowing machines are excellent for working out and toning almost every muscle group in the body. Ideal for increasing strength and endurance, the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine is a great way to incorporate cardio into your routine without spending an hour on the treadmill. While rowing does require upper body strength, it also solicits the hips and the legs. The back and core muscles are not neglected either. Rowing guarantees a full body workout that burns calories faster than most machines or exercises out there.
To get started with your Kettler rowing machine, you should first make all the needed adjustments and pick a resistance level that best suits your endurance level. Warming up is a must whether you do light exercises or intense cardio. You shouldn’t skip this step if you want to avoid pulling a muscle or getting a sore back. 7 to 10 minutes are enough to get you ready for the rower. Then it’s on to exercising. Just like running, you can gradually increase the speed or do sprints. The latter are the most efficient and perfect if you’re in a time crunch and you can only spare 30 minutes. Intervals should be kept between 1 and 2 minutes, with a resistance level that feels challenging, yet not impossible to perform a full rowing motion.
To find out how to properly use a rowing machine, you can peruse the instructions manual and find additional guidelines on the internet. The most important rules are to keep the equipment away from excessive moisture and use microfiber cloths for cleaning. The Ketler rower doesn’t require high maintenance, but, like any other piece of equipment, it needs to be cleaned only with non-abrasive products.
The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine doesn’t come with any extra accessories. Buyers can separately acquire a folding equipment mat to protect hardwood floors against being damaged.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The warranty offered by Kettler is a great selling point. The frame is insured for life, while the parts and electronics are only covered by a three year warranty.
Any Customer Complaints?
With more favorable reviews than negative ones, the Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine still managed to get some complaints from customers. Some reviewers pointed out that the foot rests are not very comfortable and fail to stay put while rowing. This can be a big drawback since it can disrupt the flow of the workout, decrease productivity, and prevent users to burn the maximum of calories. Another drawback of this rowing machine is the price, which might be too steep for what the equipment has to offer. Other users complained about the built-in computer, which didn’t include batteries. Another aspect that in the buyers’ opinion is in dire need of improvement is the monitor’s attachment mechanism. According to some buyers, this is made out of cheap materials that tend to give in sooner or later.
The Kettler Kadett Rowing Machine is a great machine for cardio and overall body toning. It offers challenging workouts that don’t put a strain on the joints or on the back. The equipment is sturdy and durable, with a few key features that set it apart from other machines in the same price range. The drawbacks are not deal breakers and overall, the machine performs well and hits all the muscles in the body.