The Bowflex Max Trainer M7 is a top-of-the-line cardio machine, designed with all the bells and whistles you could want in a home gym. The newest and best model that Bowflex has put out (following the M3 and M5), this cardio machine is easy on the joints and provides a great cardiovascular stimulus. Equipped with an intelligent interface to ensure you are adapting and improving in your fitness journey, this trainer is made to make you better. This article is written to offer a clear overview of the Bowflex Max Trainer M7, including features and recommendations.
Bowflex Max Trainer M7 Main Features
The Bowflex Max Trainer M7 is the latest addition to the Max Trainer series. We’ve reviewed the Bowflex Max Trainer M5 previously. The trainer is 49 inches long, 30.5 inches wide, and 65.5 inches tall. It requires a ceiling that is at least 15 inches above the height of the user, and it can carry up to 300 pounds for its user. It weighs 148 pounds when assembled and works through an AC adapter plug-in to the wall. It has many programs and resistance levels, as well as BlueTooth capabilities. It is also equipped with stainless steel racing pedals and sculpted dipped handlebars with resistance level adjuster buttons. There is even a platform on top of the LED display to place your phone.
The Bowflex Max Trainer M7 is truly accessible for all exercisers. Whether you are an experienced gym goer or this is the first piece of exercise equipment you have used, you should not have trouble finding your way around this machine. There are varying levels of resistance and you can adjust it to fit whatever level of exercise you are at.
- Assembly is required unless you purchase the in-home assembly.
- Dimensions: 65.5″ H x 30.5″ W x 49″ L
- Color: Red/Black/Grey
- Material: Stainless Steel Pedals/Commercial Grade Handles
- Product Weight: 148 pounds
- Maximum Capacity Load: 300 pounds
- Included AC Adapter
- Oversized, high contrast, dual backlit LED display
- Syncs with free Max Trainer App
- Bluetooth compatible
Maintenance on the Bowflex Max Trainer M7 is relatively low. Once the machine is assembled, it is good to go and should not need any routine tune-ups or maintenance. It could benefit from the occasional scrub from an all-purpose wipe to keep the exterior clean.
There is a 3-year warranty on parts and a 90-day warranty on labor for this product. Bowflex offers two additional protection plans for an extra cost, one that extends the labor warranty to 3 years, and another that extends the warranty on parts and labor to 5 years.
This is a great machine for longer metabolic conditioning pieces that will tax your aerobic system. We recommend 30-60 minute sessions at a 6 or 7 out of 10 perceived effort. This is a pace on the slower side that will keep you in the fat burning zone of heart rate. If you are a more experienced exerciser, you can turn the resistance up on the machine to ensure you are working hard. If you are relatively new, take your time in building up in resistance to ensure you are ready for the increased difficulty.
This trainer comes with an enhanced dual-mode LCD/LED display that includes 11 programs and 20 resistance levels. The program adapts to your progress and modifies your workouts over time to help you reach new goals and improve your fitness. There is an add-time feature that allows you to add time to your workout by just clicking a button. You can create up to 4 user profiles on this machine, and it syncs with the free Max Trainer App to further help you attack your goals. It is Bluetooth compatible, and has aero-bar equipped handles with resistance and burn rate modifiers. Stainless steel racing pedals are also included.
Bowflex Max Trainer M7 PROs and CONs
Here is a short list of some important positive and negative aspects of the Bowflex Max Trainer M7.
- Adjustable Resistance. There are 20 levels of resistance that allow you to match the machine with the workout intensity you desire.
- High Quality. The stainless steel pedals and aerobar grips are sturdy and dependable.
- Smart TechnologyThis machine has Bluetooth capability, connects with the Max Trainer App on your smartphone, and has a dual backlit LCD/LED display with 11 programs.
- Easy on Joints. This machine allows the arms and legs to move without any abrasive impact, allowing a great cardiovascular exercise protocol without joint pain and soreness.
- Convenient. With a phone and water bottle holder, you can bring your things to the machine and have everything you will need during your workout easily accessible.
- Price. This is one of the nicer fitness trainers out there, and due to that, there is a high price on the machine. It is one of the more expensive trainers out there, but you get what you pay for in this case when it comes to technology accessories and quality.
- Assembly Time. This trainer can be somewhat of an extensive project when it comes to assembly. Luckily, that is only a one-time ordeal. If the assembly is a big deal to you, you can always pay for the in-home assembly and they will assemble it for you.
Bowflex Max Trainer M7 User Reviews
Buyers have loved the product, and many have seen great results in burning calories on the Bowflex Max Trainer M7. The personalized nature of the programming and how it adjusts to each user is huge in pushing you to reach new goals based on your specific needs. The ability this machine has to offer very productive improvements without having a profound impact on the body has left buyers very pleased with their purchase.
If you want the best of the best when it comes to trainer cardio machines, this is basically as nice as they come. Although the price is pretty high, you will undoubtedly see results if you use this machine to its maximum potential. There are definitely cheaper options out there, but there are not very many options that are higher quality. If you can afford it, this machine is a great investment!